Thursday, May 03, 2012

Which way do I go?

I am an old hand with my job. I have actually been in the business for 20 years now. I have to sort it out .. sift it out.. I am even thinking -- after years of pooh pooh ing it -- PhD.  This latest job I have will terminate at the end of the summer and I have  choices I guess:

1.) start looking for something else as a staffer
2.) go back to school myself
3.) do some teaching.  I have one offer could seek more
4.) consulting
5.) early retirement

I have real concerns that work is getting folded up.  That everyone time someone walks away from a job it gets trimmed and downsized and abdicated, until employers are not offering any regular positions any-more!  But I am tired and I have often said that the 9-5 is a killer with the kids primary school schedules never to mention needs.

It will not be a simple choice but maybe someone will just make it for me.  Is that what surveymonkey was invented for?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger L. said...

Um....do what you want. What do you want?

6:44 a.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Advice is what you ask for when you already know what you want but you don't like the answer.

I want an answer to fall from the sky.. not happening. Why not try the internet.

I want someone to make a decision for me for change. Which is really the damn essence of Mommyblogs ofttimes.

9:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home