Sunday, January 09, 2011

Who does she think she is?

Does anyone know what my 52 reasons campaign was? It was because I was not going to be... A. WORKING. MOTHER. (Or was i? A temp maybe..?) Working motherhood. I am NOT. A. BELIEVER. (Or am i?)

Blog killing disbelief.

What is it? Am I embarrassed to blog, from my desk. Who does that? You blog at naptimes. You don't blog when you have lost your whole sense of place in the parents blogosphere. We barely even nap anymore? What am I doing? Seriously, there is something that made me think this was a 'baby blog' and as the kids were no longer babies .. 'done and done'. But tell me then.. why is it called MotherWoman...? I know, and you know, it is all about me me me!

What can I tell you? There are really three reasons I stopped writing to you.
1. I was never writing TO you in the first place anyway?
2. I was sucking so hard, considering, on the writing quality. (enough already with the lyricism and intellect bon, clara, l., nora. You're killing me over here!)
3. I was in triage. My kids needed me IRL and blog x work, bye bye blog.

... but I spent 5 years of my total 6.25 years of parenting -- in here so much, part of my kids are in here. Can I really do well ... on. my. own? Without my diary? This diary that I am thinking will cap out at a tidy 800 posts, 36 posts from now.

But call this one of my patented half-posts.. and read this right now!

Ps. This blog post title is not to be confused with the excellent film of the same name

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mo-wo said...

I can't blog anymore because I just have been dedicatedly reading you people again.. and I might be so overcome by bliss as to no longer be a contributing member of society.

Yep like heroin.

10:27 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

There is no need to explain why you want to stop blogging -- it's the people who DON'T stop blogging who should be asking themselves why!!!!

4:09 a.m.  
Anonymous clara said...

Yes you're the first person I think of when I think "non-contributing member of society" pshawwww... you're doing stuff! Real stuff! in your life place.
Quit blogging if you want. But don't quit twitter, because the Queen of the Half Post rules the twitter, man.

7:58 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

oh - #3 is me these days.

Can you just leave this space open and use it when you are moved, without guilt?

10:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home